Skip to main content

Feedback on my online IELTS classes from my student: M Singh


Given below is the feedback from my previous student. The feedback is only from students who attended my classes online and who have explicitly consented to put their details online.

Name: M. Singh

Name of the course: IELTS (All skills)

Age: 34

Final IELTS Score:  Listening-7.0, Reading-7.5, Writing-7.0, Speaking-7.0

Would you like to see your testimonials published in my blog/site (yes, no, summary of testimonial): Yes

Place: Pune (India)
Can prospective learners contact you?

  • Through phone: No
  • Through email: Yes



Address : Pune

"HI,
I am Maninder Singh, I needed 7.0 each in all the four parts of IELTS to immigrate to AUS.
I appeared for the exam but failed to achieve my target. Then I contacted Jims 2 months ago.  Eventually with his support & Guidance I achieved my target within time."

What was the duration of your online course? : 1.5 Months

Rate my classes on a scale of 1 to 10

As a teacher: 9.5

Vocabulary: 10.0

Grammar: 10.0

Pronunciation: 10.0

Materials Provided: 9.5

Where you able to clear your doubts in time? : 10.0

Where you able to understand all the concepts: 10.0

Where you able to clear your doubts in time? : 10.0

Where you able to understand all the concepts: 10.0

Describe your classes:

We had a one Hour class every day for almost 1.5 Months and Mr. Jims Varkey always used to come prepared for the class. He always have a Task ready for his students. Moreover, his command over English language is excellent. He is very polite, flexible, supportive & a positive person. I used to make lot of mistakes during the class but he never laughed at me neither yelled, instead he used to correct those mistakes. Which helped me to learn very fast.

He always provided study material & helped me in improving my vocabulary, grammar, writing, speaking & listening skills a lot.

Any suggestions for improvement:
Author: Jims Varkey
-English Quick Tips Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to speak English by watching movies: does it really work?

I’ve heard many English gurus give this insane piece of advice: watch some Hollywood flick to learn how to speak in English. But is that so simple. I don’t think so.

 Here is what you can and cannot achieve by watching movies:

CANS:

1) If you already have some idea about English, your KNOWLEDGE or UNDERSTANDING of the English language can improve by watching movies. You can get a general idea of phrases, pronunciation of individual words and most importantly, intonation.

 2) Your vocabulary might improve a bit- say 10 words per movie. But even an average English class can fetch you those many words. Reading simple articles can give you a much better result.

 3) Common phrases and usages are easy to acquire by watching a movie. Learning that otherwise would require much more time.

 4) You can also understand how the natives use the language and how it is different from the English that we have learnt from schools.

CANNOTS:

1) Fluency. It will NOT improve beyond a point. Fluency is a …

Software for online teaching/learning

It is been a while since I took up teaching English online, and often people ask me about the software that I use for communication. While they think of some exotic software, my answer is quite a dull one: Google Drive and Skype.

Why Skype? Why I can't I use any other collaboration/online education software.

Why I give a thumbs up to Skype:
Its popularity: Everyone knows something about it. Skype is installed in many systems to get in touch with their relatives. So, it is not huge technical leap for them.

Skype is intuitive. My borther's 5 year old son uses it to call me. Nothing more to be said on that. It stores chat text, so it is always easier to go back to what you have taught.It automatically reconnects after a break in the net connection.And the biggest advantage: Crystal clear voice. It is very important for teaching pronunciation and intonation.

Now the thumbs down:


It gobbles up bandwidth. Even if you cut the video, which I use only for rare occasions, call dropping …

English Pronunciation Quote

Author: Jims Varkey